Electrical Engineer | Dublin (EMC)
Electrical Engineer | Dublin
- One of the top 5 main M&E Contractors in Ireland turning over €180+million annually
- Excellent remuneration package & career development prospects.
- Prestigious M&E projects – Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, Substations, Industrial etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join an international market leading M&E Contractor (who happens to be one of Ireland’s top 5 M&E Contractors) based in Dublin on a variety of large and prestigious projects for well-known international blue chip clients.
Oradeo’s client operates across Ireland, the UK and European markets, offering an extensive range of high-value engineering and contracting services within a number of sectors including Bio-Pharma, Commercial, Industrial, Mission Critical, Medical Technology, Petrochemical, Power Generation and Utilities & Renewables.
As an Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project or multiple projects dependant on size and complexity. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning with particular emphasis on the MV electrical Elements of M&E projects. While the role will be primarily focusing on M&E installations and projects, the successful Electrical Engineer will be part of a rapidly expanding engineering team affording them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience on electrical installations within various sectors including data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial, substation etc.
This opportunity comes with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Ireland’s leading M&E contractors.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contractions in specifications
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay
- Compile and issue technical submittals
- As an Electrical Engineer you will manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once equipment is delivered
- Attend and record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule
- Coordinate the submission and closure of all technical queries relating to the MV and LV design
- As a member of the Engineering Team you the “Electrical Engineer” will be tasked with reviewing the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings
- Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval
- The Electrical Engineer will manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works
- Document control management to ensure all relevant logs are kept up to date at all times
- Develop handover packs and test packs are required
- Attending quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications/drawings/materials and equipment
- Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times
- Issue internal requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering/Building Services Engineering
- Ideally you will possess 4-7 years’ experience in an Electrical Engineer position working for a recognised M&E Construction company within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe
- Detailed understanding of MV and LV network requirements in industrial settings
- Data centre and pharmaceutical experience is a distinct advantage
- Strong technical and commercial acumen.
For more information about this Electrical Engineer opportunity or other Electrical Engineer position, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK, Europe and Middle East for professional recruitment services (Executive Search/Directors, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers etc.). Oradeo Recruitment are also providers of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry