Electrical Project Manager | Dublin
Electrical Project Manager | Dublin | Top M&E Contractor
- Market leading international M&E Contractor with significant annual turnover
- Opportunity to develop a long standing career with no glass ceiling and scope for career progression
- Large prestigious projects; pharmaceutical, data centre, industrial etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Electrical Project Manager with strong Building Services/Electrical Engineering background initially to work on an array of Pharmaceutical and Data Centre projects in Dublin.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client is an International Mechanical and Electrical Company which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors including Commercial, Industrial, Data Centre, Pharmaceutical or Power Generation on both Public and Private tenders/projects.
As an Electrical Project Manager coming from an engineering or building services background you will join this growing multi-disciplined engineering construction team working on a variety of different projects across various Data Centre, Pharmaceutical, process, cleanroom, power generation and Industrial sectors. In return you the Electrical Project Manager will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become a future leader within the organisation.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Electrical Project Manager;
- The Electrical Project Manager will Coordinate Electrical design, work with consultants and subcontractors
- Provides day-to-day contract and project leadership in line with the vision, purpose and core values of the organisation.
- Supervise the progress of work
- Prepare the project programme, including the delivery strategy and ensure project milestones are achieved.
- Ensure smooth and timely flow of information between all parties to the contract.
- Endeavour to identify and predict potential bottlenecks and delays and action remedies
- Keeping the project stakeholders informed of progress, cost and any other relevant issues
- Review project scope, and manage the budget and schedule
- Participate in design reviews.
- The successful Electrical Project Manager will manage safety and quality aspects of the project in accordance with company procedures
- Agree valuations and final accounts with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Review issues to drive continuous improvement
- Management of all commercial/contractual related aspects
- Preparing and complete commercial monitor reconciliation on a monthly basis to highlight areas of overspend or savings thus appropriate action can be taken
- Ensuring in receipt of and fully aware of all information at Estimating/Surveying handover
- The Development of Project Commercial Plans and ensuring buy in from the project team and management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Understand and implement the requirements of the company Commercial Management
- Work as an Electrical Project Manager to ensure effective procurement and supply chain management
- Fosters a client focused, technically excellent, driven, positive-oriented, accountable and sustainable environment.
- Engages, stretches and leads high performance project management teams.
- Ideally will possess a 3rd level qualification in Building Services / Electrical Engineering or equivalent although strong trades background will also be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar Project Manager / Contracts Manager role in M&E contracting essential
- In addition to having a strong technical background in contracting, the Electrical Project Manager ideally will possess experience on projects in excess of €30/£25 million in the Pharmaceutical, Data Centre, Industrial and Commercial
- A proven track record of electrical fundamentals is essential
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- Good presentation and general management skills
- Strong written communication abilities, and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential
- The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time
- Proven ability of managing and delivering large scale construction projects
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a multi-functional team
For more information about this Electrical Project Manager position or other Project Manager / Contracts Manager opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors