Estimator Galway (EMC)
- Top 5 market leading Construction Company with great international presence in addition to significant annual turnover
- Excellent package and scope for career progression
- Established list of existing clients across Ireland
- Prestigious Projects across multiple sectors
CSA Estimator required to join an international market leading Contractor based in Dublin. The successful individual will have the opportunity to work on a number of large, prestigious and complex projects ranging in value from €30-€70 million respectively.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, ideally the Estimator will be an agile, analytical thinker, effective decision maker and excellent communicator with a high level of competence in ICT and presentation skills. We are very keen to hear from talented individuals with a demonstrable background in construction, with a commercial or construction degree and membership of a relevant professional institution.
The Estimator will work closely with the Commercial Manager and the project team from the earliest stages of the project. This opportunity comes with a first class remuneration package and a clear scope for career development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing and collating tenders by a given deadline based on the scope of work, plans, specification, BOQ’s schedules and inspections.
- Prepare estimates by compiling take-off based on scope of work and entering in to computer estimating system, review computer printout for accuracy and completeness.
- Managing and interfacing of tendering process with the various departments and the timely submitting of the tender.
- Dealing with pre-designed and design enquiries from initial contact to final submission.
- Assist in compiling submissions of inclusions, exclusions, clarifications and program of works.
- Manage the quotations request process and review quotations for completeness.
- Predict possible issues and pitfalls of projects, and advise the bid team of project risks and solutions.
- Follow up on submitted tenders and document the relevant feedback.
- Liaising and reporting to procurement department in relation to on-going project submissions.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects and advise of any concerns or value engineering details as appropriate.
- Management of subcontractor re-measuring on a project by project basis.
- Breaking down large fixture packages into trade packages and sub-contracting sections of the work.
- Processing of variations and updating financial contract information.
- Analysing sub-contractor quotations and checking inclusions and exclusions.
- Client presentations.
- Working with quantity surveyors to estimate the type and amount of materials necessary to deliver the contract against the agreed specifications.
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics or Civil/Structural Engineering
- Ideally you will be a Chartered professional
- Ideally the Estimator will possess a number of supplier & subcontractor contacts within the construction industry to call on and be capable to securing the best financial outcome
- You will ideally possess 5+ years’ experience within the Irish/UK market of which 3 years has been spent in a similar Estimator capacity
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings to include and exceptional accuracy in measurement capabilities
- Knowledge of current rates and subcontracting agreements in the Irish and/or UK Market. (Preferably the Irish market)
- Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook and other Quantity Surveying Packages (Billsoft)
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous people management experience required
- Ability to work in a team or on own initiative
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter, highly motivated individual, within a dynamic and ambitious company. An excellent remuneration package will be available to the right candidate. If you match these criteria or come close to please apply to Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment on +353 (1) 687 7188 or +44(0)845 643 4964