European Bid Manager (Pharma) Mayo
European Bid Manager (Pharma) Mayo
- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a European Bid Manager (Pharma) to join their Client in Mayo. This is a new role driven by the rapid expansion of the business across Europe. The role shall report to the Sr. Director, Global Client Services, Project Management & Scheduling and have 5 direct reports across multiple sites
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the proposal process, including pricing, bid and proposal generation, and letters of authorization processes to ensure smooth and timely business process flow. Ensure legal documents and proposals are effectively negotiated and finalized. Follow-up to ensure completeness.
- Work with the Site Directors and other Senior Management staff to develop pricing strategies. Provide guidance to pricing personnel as necessary; review and approve cost proposals.
- Manage and monitor the data input into the CRM system(s) or other systems to report proposal turnaround time, bid proposal volume and bid effectiveness.
- Manage departmental resources (workflow) for responsiveness to client needs and effective use of business processes.
- Participate in multi-site bid processes to ensure seamless presentation to clients.
- Participate on Client Service integration team to facilitate common Client Services processes across the Biologics Group.
- Produce reports on proposal/bid disposition, as required.
- Provision of data to management to track client services KPIs.
- Participate in Global Account discussions and provide resources necessary for management of Global Accounts, as appropriate.
- May attend trade shows on behalf of EU sites to develop potential new business and present capabilities information to trade show attendees.
- Manage activities of assigned group to ensure effective performance of function.
- Interview and select departmental personnel, as necessary. Recommend, review and approve personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and salary increases. Partner with Human Resources in the handling of disciplinary issues. Prepare and/or approve appropriate personnel action paperwork.
- Identify training and development needs of direct reports. Provide training and/or monitor training programs to ensure ongoing effectiveness.
- Monitor performance of direct reports. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Prepare and deliver salary and performance reviews; review and approve performance and salary appraisals initiated by direct reports.
- Assist in the development of short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, and staffing requirements. Assist in the development of a departmental plan for backup and succession of supervisory staff and key technical personnel.
- Assist in the development and recommendation of departmental budget. Authorize expenditures in accordance with budget. Approve budget and expenses of subordinates.
- Ensure optimum performance of group function. Determine and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Develop and maintain departmental systems and SOPs. Assist in the development and communication of departmental policies and procedures. Partner with Human Resources to develop and approve job descriptions for subordinate positions; ensure communication of duties and responsibilities to employees.
- BSc/M.Sc. in a science discipline
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- A proven track record of managing people for at least 2 years.
- Excellent communication skills required. The successful candidate must be able to deal with people at all levels including internal and external clients in a professional manner by phone, email and in person.
- Strong IT Skills.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisational & Time Management skills
- Adopt a can do attitude and be able to work to tight deadlines
For more information about this position or other opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors.