Quantity Surveyor Leinster or Europe (EMC).
- Top 20 Global Construction Company | Over €3 billion turnover!
- Excellent Salary with plenty of generous benefits
- Clear scope to further develop the career into an Operations role in the future
- Prestigious M&E Projects-
Quantity Surveyor | Outstanding opportunity for ambitious, career orientated Quantity Surveyors (M&E or CSA biased) to join an international market leading Construction Company based in the Leinster area leading on a number of large confidential projects on behalf of many well-known blue chip clients.
This tier one organisation originates from central Europe and has grown into an internationally diversified firm operating on every continent on a number of prestigious clients within a number of key sectors including Advanced Technology Facilities, Life Science & Chemicals, High Tech Infrastructure and Cleanroom Technologies & Controlled Environments.
As a Junior Quantity Surveyor you will be able to build your career by supporting the Senior Management in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects and the project team from the earliest stages of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be assisting the Senior Quantity Surveyor in the following duties:
- Liaising with clients from initial enquiries through to final accounts
- Preparation of commercial plans
- Cost Control / Management of Projects
- Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes,
- Actively work with Project Managers relating to contract variations
- Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contracts, subsequent account management and final agreement
- Final Account negotiations etc.
- Dealing with clients/engineers/contractors
- Closely monitor and process project variations
- Prepare reports including cost reports and cash flow forecasts
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports
- Attend project and subcontractor meetings
- Identify, assess and manage commercial/contractual risks
- Ensure contract documents and their revisions are effectively managed
- Reporting to management on the financial progression of projects
- Ensure effective records are kept of the works as they progress
- Monitor project costs against budgets, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary.
Necessary Requirements and Skills:
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A strong technical background in Building Services industry or general building
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience, ideally served with a main building / civil engineering contractor
- A proven track record of quantity surveying
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Have gained good experience working on civil projects in Ireland or the UK.
- Excellent knowledge or roads, site development, groundwork’s, bridges etc.
- Good solid background with an established main contractor
- Good presentation skills
- Strong written communication abilities are also essential
For more information about this role or others, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry