Logistics Manager Urgent EMC
Senior Logistics Manager required on a permanent or contract basis to work for an international market leading Construction Company based in Mainland Europe/Nordics (accommodation and flights included). This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are looking to progress their career or looking to get on board with a leading construction company.
The Senior Logistics Manager will define and coordinate all available storage areas on site, both within the building and outside of the building up to the hoarding line. Storage space is to be allocated according to the project priorities as advised and agreed with the Contractor. The booking and delivery of materials must at all times be subject to the storage space available and will be a primary function of the Site Logistics Manager.
As The Senior Logistics Manager you will be primarily responsible for the coordination and implementation of the web based booking system to ensure that material deliveries are dealt with and handled as efficiently as possible within the physical constraints of the site and access areas.
Site Logistics Manager Responsibilities
- Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
- Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
- Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
- Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
- Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
- Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
- Assist the Logistics Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
- As the Senior Logistics Manager you will liaise closely with Security personnel to ensure effective deliveries. The Site Logistics Manager will be a key link between the Security Operatives at the site perimeter and the traffic and material movements within the site boundaries.
- You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
- The Senior Logistics Manager will be aware of the spare capacity of the plant on site and will coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant while liaising with the Appointed Person/Crane Coordinator, the Logistics Manager and the Contractor.
- You will assist the Logistics Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting. Delivery, vertical transportation and storage actions taken from this meeting will be the responsibility of the Site Logistics Manager
- 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable
- Ideally you will possess experience in a similar role, or some site experience
- The Site Logistics Manager is to be first aid trained
- Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and jobsite management
- Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field
- In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics.
- Proven track record of delivering substantial construction programmes
- Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project lifecycle
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter, highly motivated individual, within a dynamic, ambitious and market leading company. An excellent remuneration package will be available to the right candidate. Please forward across CV in confidence along with salary expectations for the attention of Eavan McCallig.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK, Europe and Middle East for professional recruitment services (Executive search/Directors, Operations Manager, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers/Project Director, Technical Director, Commercial Manager, Logistics Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, Design Manager, Technical Manager) and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry