M&E Quantity Surveyor | Dublin Urgent (EMC)
M&E Quantity Surveyor | Dublin
- One of Irelands Top Contractors by Turnover
- Excellent package & career development prospects
- Prestigious M&E projects including Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Data Centres etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced M&E Quantity Surveyor to join an international market leading Main Contractor for projects in the Dublin area. The successful Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor will be involved in a number of large, prestigious projects for many well-known blue chip clients within the, pharmaceutical, industrial, data centre sectors.
As a member of the commercial team the M&E Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with the successful delivery of a number of interesting projects within the Dublin area however this role will in time give the successful individual the opportunity to further develop their career with this well-established organisation into a more senior management function.
Mechanical & Electrical Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts, and ensuring compliance
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- As a M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be tasked with ensuring the construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with group policies & highlight exceptions to management
- You will be responsible for cost controlling costs on projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of Mechanical & Electrical sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- You’ll provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk, management of commercial performance and cash flow
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A strong technical background in contracting is essential for this role
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
- Knowledge of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering would be advantageous.
- Have gained a minimum of 8+ years’ experience working on building projects in the UK, Mainland Europe or Ireland as an M&E Quantity Surveyor, working with a recognised M&E Contractor or Main Contractor on M&E projects
- Possesses experience working on projects in-excess of €20 million in either industrial, pharmaceutical or data centres with an established main contractor/ M&E subcontractor
- Strong pharmaceutical experience is a significant plus
- Good presentation and general management skills
- Strong written communication abilities, and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential
- The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time.
For more information about this Mechanical Quantity Surveyor position or other M&E Quantity Surveyor opportunities, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Quantity Surveyor, M&E Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, Health & Safety) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc. Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry