Quantity Surveyors Dublin and Europe (EMC).
M&E Quantity Surveyors
- One of the top 10 M&E Contractors in Ireland.
- Excellent package & career development prospects.
- Prestigious M&E projects including Industrial, Data Centres, Pharmaceutical, Power Generation etc.
Oradeo invites applications for the role of M&E Quantity Surveyor with strong IT skills for projects surrounding the Dublin area and Mainland Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who are looking for career progression and development.
Our client is an International Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Company which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors. Candidates are required to have several years’ experience as an M&E Quantity Surveyor, working with recognised M&E Contractors operating in any of the following sectors; commercial, industrial, data centre, pharmaceutical or power generation on both public and private tenders/projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts, and ensuring compliance
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Managing and forecasting the cash flow of a series of projects and the business
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with group policies & highlight exceptions to management
- You will manage a team of quantity surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the business are managed effectively
- As a M&E Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for cost controlling costs on projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Management of the client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- Have gained a minimum of 6+ years’ experience working on building projects in the UK or Ireland as a Quantity Surveyor, working with a recognised M&E Contractor.
- A strong technical background in contracting is essential for this role.
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential.
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process.
- Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering is a must of this type of position.
- Possesses experience working on projects in-excess of £/€15 million in industrial, pharmaceutical or data centres with an established main/M&E contractor.
- Good presentation and general management skills.
- Strong written communication abilities and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential.
- The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time.
For more information about this role or others, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry