Quantity Surveyor | Galway (EMC)
Quantity Surveyor |Specialist Contractor | Galway
- Excellent package and career progression opportunities
- Large interesting projects across multiple sectors
- Permanent position based in the Galway area
Oradeo Recruitment is immediately seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a Specialist Contractor to be based in Galway working on a number of projects
Upon successful appoint of this job, The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the management of projects, budget preparation and estimates, progress reports, final account preparation, client interaction and attending various design team / site meetings.
As a senior member of the Quantity Surveying Team the Senior Quantity Surveyor will have responsibility for direction of the function in relation to relevant projects; as a result of which the Senior QS must be commercially aware, with a high level of commitment, initiative and enthusiasm.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Liaising and reporting to the Project Director and the Contracts Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company.
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings.
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Estimating and tendering for projects in conjunction with Head Office Quantity Surveying Department.
- Negotiating new projects with price premiums which are cost effective.
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
- Monitoring of contra charges and notification to sub-contractors.
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with Project Quantity Surveyor
- Final account preparations.
- Cost monitoring and reporting while attending all monthly cost reporting meetings.
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts.
- As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you will be encouraged to mentor intermediate & Junior Quantity Surveyors to encourage performance.
- 3rd level qualifications in Quantity Surveying or construction economics
- No less than 8+ years of professional experience with proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, final accounts and cost reporting
- Ideally you will possesses relevant experience working on projects in-excess of €20 million within Ireland, UK or European markets working for a recognised contractor on any or all of the follow project types; pharmaceutical, data centre, commercial, mixed-use, residential, hospitals, hotels, industrial, educational etc.
- Displays through understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages (Billsoft)
- Proven track record in Commercial / build Projects.
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
For more information about this Senior Quantity Surveyor Job or other Quantity Surveyor Jobs, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 / +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, Health & Safety) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc. Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry