Quantity Surveyor – Dublin
Quantity Surveyor | Ternat and Dublin
- Top European Construction Company turning with significant annual turnover
- Excellent remuneration package with generous benefits.
- Clear scope for career development throughout organisations commercial team.
- Exposure to prestigious projects; Data Centre and Pharmaceutical
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join a European market leading Construction Company based in Frankfurt and Dublin. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be involved in a number of large, prestigious projects for many well-known blue-chip clients within the Data Centre and Pharmaceutical.
This tier one organisation originates from Ireland and has grown into an internationally diversified construction company working on a number of prestigious projects for many well-known blue chip clients within a number of key sectors including; Advanced Technology Facilities, Life Science & Chemicals, High Tech Infrastructure and Cleanroom Technologies & Controlled Environments.
As a member of the commercial team, the Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with managing the successful delivery of a number of interesting projects within the central Europe area from a M&E (Mechanical and Electrical) aspect. Initially based on a large multimillion mission critical facility, however this role will in time give the successful individual the opportunity to further develop their career with this well-established organisation into a more senior management function.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts and ensuring compliance.
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department.
- Managing and forecasting the cash flow of a series of projects and the business
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business & projects
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- As a Quantity Surveyor (M&E biased) you will be tasked with ensuring the construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with group policies & highlight exceptions to management
- You will manage a team of quantity surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the business are managed effectively
- You will be responsible for cost controlling costs on all projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- In the capacity of Quantity Surveyor you will play a key role in the Management of the client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- Vetting all main contracts and negotiations of the commercial risks with perspective clients
- General participation in management issues of the company
- The Quantity Surveyor will support the Commercial Director and take responsibility for the commercial assurance of the projects under management
- You’ll provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk, management of commercial performance and cash flow
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience working on building projects with a recognised main contractor or specialist subcontractor
- Experience working on projects in excess of €30 million in the capacity of a Quantity Surveyor in either pharmaceutical or data centres with an established main contractor or specialist subcontractor.
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential.
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail with experience of the design build process.
- The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time.
- Strong written communication abilities and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are essential.
For more information about this Quantity Surveyor position or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities, contact Nick Barker at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 87 720 9723 or Nick.Barker@Oradeo.com
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyor, Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Quantity Surveyor, M&E Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyor, Project Quantity Surveyor, MEP Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Manager,) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc. Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry