Senior Buyer | Shannon
- Leading Medical Device Company
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a Senior Buyer to join their client’s Team. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the on time efficient management of purchase orders and for their site. This involves working closely with the site operation scheduler to ensure the site supply plan/build plan is converted into a purchase order schedule and timely execution of the purchase order schedule.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the purchase planning and ensuring any issues which will impact its timely execution are communicated/escalated to the relevant stakeholders
- Applying MRP knowledge in the timely execution completion of action messages from weekly MRP.
- Controlling costs and reporting on price deviations and cost saving programmes.
- Ensuring stock levels are within the agreed targets and operating within the company’s shelf-life policies
- Manage and control purchase order processes compliant with company policy.
- Assist with compiling quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI’s.
- Ad-hoc project work and be supply chain representative in cross functional teams.
- Proactively seek and drive cost improvements for items within portfolio.
- Represent purchasing team at daily operations meeting and communication of updates for open items.
- Knowledge of supply chain purchase order management
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and produce outputs on a regular, timely basis
- Ability to use analytical tools to issue, support, and execute decisions
- Analytical skills and ability to extract meaning information from various sources of data
- Ability to communicate effectively both upwards and across the organization
- Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
- Strong team player and demonstrated continuous improvement success
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 3rd Level Diploma Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally, APICS/CPIM preferred.
- 5-7 years’ progressive work experience and responsibility within high-volume regulated manufacturing environment preferably medical devices.
- Strong MRP understanding and experience with one or more ERP integrated systems (e.g. SAP, JD Edwards,).
- In-depth knowledge of order management, planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory control.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Office software, in particular Excel and Powerpoint
For more information about this or other opportunities, contact Tara Ryan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the life sciences & pharmaceutical, construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences & Pharmaceutical, and Renewable Energies sectors