Senior Civils Quantity Surveyor Cork (EMC)
Senior Civils Quantity Surveyor Cork
- Large bespoke and prestigious projects.
- Top Irish Contractor
- Excellent package and career development on offer.
Quantity Surveyor required to join a contractor based in the Cork area. The successful Quantity Surveyor will be involved in a number of large, prestigious projects with the commercial, residential, industrial, education and healthcare sectors.
As a member of the commercial team, the Quantity Surveyor will be tasked with managing the successful delivery of a number of interesting projects within the Cork area. As part of a market leading main contractor, the successful individual will gain access to further career development within the organisation into a more senior management function. This is a permanent position with the organisation and will come with an excellent remuneration package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts to ensure compliance.
- Operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the procurement department.
- Reviewing and commercial management of projects to ensure accurate and reliable reporting.
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business and projects.
- Management and forecasting the cash flow of both projects and the business.
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting.
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team, subcontractors etc. to identify contractually critical items and initiate replies.
- Ensure compliance with contract programme and schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned vs. actual progress.
- Ensuring construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
- Responsible for cost c controlling on all projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected.
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverable are achieved and project risks are minimised.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of subcontract packages.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed subcontract and procurement terms.
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying or Construction economics.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveying role with an established building contractor.
- Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter, highly motivated individual, within a dynamic and ambitious company. An excellent remuneration package will be available to the right candidate. If you match these criteria or come close to please apply to Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment now at +353 (1) 687 7188.