Senior Electrical Engineer | Dublin | Data center
Senior Electrical Engineer | Dublin | Data Center
- One of the top 10 M&E Contractors in Ireland
- Excellent package & career development prospects
- Prestigious M&E projects including Industrial, Data Center, Pharmaceutical, Power Generation etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experience Senior Electrical Engineer to join an international market leading M&E Contractor based in Leinster working on a number of large and prestigious projects (Pharmaceutical, Data Center, Industrial, Power Generation etc.) within the Dublin/Leinster area.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client is an International Mechanical and Electrical Contractor which has gained significant experience across a wide section of construction sectors including commercial, industrial, data center, pharmaceutical & power generation on both public and private tenders/projects.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for the engineering activities on a specific construction project or multiple projects dependant on size and complexity. You will co-ordinate the technical design with the onsite installation through to the successful commissioning with particular emphasis on the MV electrical Elements of M&E projects. While the role will be primarily focusing on M&E installations and projects, the successful Senior Electrical Engineer will be part of a rapidly expanding engineering team affording them the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience on electrical installations within various sectors including data center, pharmaceutical, industrial and power generation etc.
This opportunity comes with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career progression within one of Ireland’s leading M&E contractors.
Senior Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Complete electrical design review to identify design gaps and deviations or contradictions in the specifications.
- Validate cable sizing and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that technical assessments are completed as required and technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Compile and issue electrical technical submittals.
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will manage submittals through the approvals process, track procurement and delivery of electrical equipment and complete the receipt verification process once the equipment is delivered.
- Attend & record regular supply chain meetings to ensure that progress is monitored & maintained within the overall construction programme.
- Update and record progress on system trackers which are fully aligned with the construction schedule.
- As a member of the Engineering Team you the “Senior Electrical Engineer” will be tasked with review the electrical installation with the BIM team to ensure the design is constructible and that there is adequate space for installation and maintenance of all equipment and cabling.
- Liaise with the design team & supply chain to ensure correct operation of the plant on site & successful handover.
- Complete electrical system walk-downs to ensure systems are compliant with specifications and drawings.
- Compile test pack, FTOP’s and O&Ms and present for approval.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will manage specialist vendors during the commissioning process to ensure timely completion of their works.
- Undertake client training in line with agreed training plan.
- Manage the document control to ensure the all relevant logs are kept up to date at all times
- Develop handover packs and test packs as required
- Attend quality meetings and participate in QA/QC walk downs when required.
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them.
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications / drawings / materials / equipment
- Work as an integral part of the commissioning process and sign-off commissioning parameters where required
- Ensure site supervisors are working off latest drawings at all times.
- Issue internal requisitions and ensure all materials delivered are as per specifications and submittals.
- Generate all power on and isolation requests whilst liaising with testing engineer at all times.
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering/ Building Services Engineering
- Experience with both LV and MV systems primarily in building services and data centre environments.
- Ideally you will possess 6+ years’ experience in an Electrical Engineer position working for a recognised M&E Contractor within Ireland, UK or Mainland Europe
- Data Centre and Pharmaceutical Sector experience is preferable
- Strong technical and commercial acumen
For more information about this Senior Electrical Engineer position or other Electrical Engineer opportunities, contact Kevin Nolan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/ +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Quantity Surveyor, M&E Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Senior Electrical Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Project Managers, Health & Safety) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc. Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry