Senior Quantity Surveyor (EMC).
Senior Quantity Surveyor – UK/Ireland/Europe
- Large international Main Contractors turning over 400m+ annually
- Excellent package and scope for career progression
- Prestigious Projects
Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager with recent experience in the (Irish/UK/EU market) to join a market leading international main contractor based in the Dublin area or the UK or Europe.
This tier one organisation has grown into a diversified firm working with a number of prestigious clients within a number of key sectors including Building, Civil Engineering, Demolition, Land Remediation/Restoration, Sports & Leisure (Stadiums) & Rail. As the Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager, you will be tasked with leading and managing the successful delivery of a large Projects within Ireland the UK or Europe.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager you will manage a team of quantity surveyors to ensure all commercial aspects of the project are managed effectively
- You will be responsible for cost controlling costs on all aspects of the project and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Management of the Client relationships from a commercial perspective and ensuring all final accounts are agreed, whilst retaining the business relationship.
- Proactive engagement with the Project Managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected.
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverables are achieved and project risks are minimised.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of sub-contract packages
- Preparing progress applications and cost reports, and monthly management accounts for each project.
- Reporting to management on the financial progression of projects
- Vetting all main contracts and negotiations of the commercial risks with perspective clients
- General participation in management issues of the company.
- The Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial Manager will support the Area Manager and take responsibility for the commercial assurance of the projects under management.
- As a member of the commercial team, you will provide commercial assurance of project margin performance through accurate forecasting and identification of issues giving rise to commercial risk, management of commercial performance and cash flow.
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
- A strong technical background in contracting is essential for this role
- A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of working under a GCCC form of contract will be advantageous
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Have gained a minimum of 10 years’ experience working on building projects in Ireland or the UK as Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial Manager, working with a recognised construction company.
- Ideally will have gained experience operating/lead the commercial function on projects in excess of €30 million with large complex projects including mixed use, sports & leisure, commercial, industrial etc.
- Good presentation and general management skills
- Strong written communication abilities, and the ability to negotiate a strong commercial position for the company are also essential
For more information about this role or others, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry