Senior Site Engineer | Dublin
Senior Site Engineer | Tier 1 Main Contractor | Dublin
- One of Ireland’s Top 5 Tier 1 Main Contractors with significant annual turnover.
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
- Exposure to large, interesting and prestigious projects acting in a management capacity.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Senior Site Engineer ideally with solid contractor experience to join one of Ireland’s leading Tier 1 Main Contractors permanently based in Dublin. As a Senior Site Engineer you will gain exposure to prestigious projects across the Dublin area on large building/construction sites and across multple sectors (Pharma, Data Centre, Commercial, Industrial, Hotels, Residential, Mixed-use etc.) ranging from €35-€100+ million each.
Become a Senior Site Engineer with a building contractor with an outstanding reputation in the market on large scale construction projects. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth and development.
Senior Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- Managing a team
- Maintaining the drawing register, stamp drawings “received” and filing superseded drawings. you will aslo ensure that the drawing rack is up-to-date with the latest drawing
- Ensuring all contractors on site is working to the latest set of construction drawings / details
- Check, understand and interpret specifications and drawings. Inform site management of potential issues that could affect sequencing of works, and timely procurement of isolate elements
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations
- As a Senior Site Engineer you will be liaising with the local authority, clients and their representatives (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws & setting coordinates
- Raise RFI’s if information is not clear on drawing and chase for response
- Maintain RFI register, and update for every progress meeting / Design Team Meeting
- Liaise with QS when raising RFI’s to ensure maximum scope
- Resolve discrepancies identified on drawings and specifications
- Monitor quality of workmanship & materials
- Prepare and review pre –pour sheets for all elements of work
- The Senior Site Engineer will attach post pour sheet & pre pour and file as per BCAR requirements. Ensure sufficient progress photos are taken and filed correctly
- Quality – ensure all testing of materials – blocks, hardcore, CBR’s etc… are carried out as per HHP / MCOH specification, and results are issued in a timely manner
- Issuing NCR to contractors during works / when work completed on site is not to specification or tolerance
- Close out NCR’s with contractors and inform QS of delays or costs incurred
- Keep a daily of all relevant events
- Maintain as built drawings, liaising with site management to meet project deadlines
- Ordering materials for external works, labour only contractors – ensuring there is sufficient orders place in adequate time to avoid delays on site
- As a Senior Site Engineer you will be coordinating external works and liaising with PM / SM to ensure there is no delays caused due to coordinating external works and internal works
- Where possible maximizing plant and materials between both external & internal works. I.e. crane, concrete etc.
- Issue the relevant permits along with SM for hot works, excavations, etc.
- 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferably within the Irish or UK market working for recognised a Main Contractor or Specialist Subcontractor
- Ideally the Senior Site Engineer will have developed experience on projects in excess of €15 million within the commercial, hospitality, mixed-use, high-rise, healthcare etc. sectors
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail, and experience of the design build process
For more information about this role Senior Site Engineer position or other Senior Engineer / Project Engineer opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors