Engineer | Tier 1 Main Contractor | Dublin
- One of Ireland’s Top 5 Tier 1 Main Contractors with significant annual turnover.
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
- Exposure to large, interesting and prestigious projects: commercial, pharmaceutical, residential, high rise, industrial, data centre etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Site Engineer ideally with solid main contractor / specialist subcontractor experience to join one of Ireland’s leading Tier 1 Main Contractors permanently based in Dublin. As a Site Engineer you will gain exposure to prestigious projects across the Dublin area on large building/construction sites and initially will be involved in ensuring the delivery of package ranging in value from €2-€5 million respectively.
Become a Site Engineer with a building contractor with an outstanding reputation in the market on large scale construction projects. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth and development towards Senior Engineer, Project Management and beyond.
Site Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Site Engineer will be tasked with Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- Cradle to grave delivery of small works packages with all-encompassing roles and responsibilities
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with clients and their representatives (architects, engineers and surveyors), including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress.
- Planning the work and efficiently organizing the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Management/Engineering
- Ideally possessing 3+ years’ experience working with a main contractor / specialist subcontractor acting as a Site Engineer within Ireland or the UK
- Strong setting out experience
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ideally you will possess experience working in the following sectors: commercial, pharmaceutical, residential, high rise, industrial, data centre, mixed use in excess of €5 million
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking
For more information about this role Site Engineer position or other Site Engineer / Setting Out Engineer opportunities, contact Sean Barrett at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo- Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services (Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyor, Mechanical Quantity Surveyor, Electrical Quantity Surveyor, M&E Quantity Surveyor, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers, Health & Safety) provided to many market leading Main Contractors, Specialist Contractors, Subcontractors, M&E Contractors, Client Side Organisations, Developers, Architecture practises, Construction Consultancies etc. Oradeo also specialises in the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry