Structural Design Engineer| Connacht (EMC)
Structural Design Engineer| Connacht| Top Specialist Construction Company
- One of Ireland’s reputable offsite specialist Construction Companies
- Excellent Opportunity to take a lead role within a highly innovative company in Connacht
- Excellent Package on offer with scope for further career development
Oradeo Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer to work in Connacht for one of the country’s Specialist offsite Construction Companies on a permanent basis. The successful Structural Design Engineer will be based in Galway and will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of specialist projects surrounding the Connacht area.
The Structural Design Engineer will be involved in the co-ordination of those areas of the design process on live project(s) under their control.
Structural Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the design recognises all aspects of health & safety, environmental and quality related matters
- Liaising with the site team to ensure buildable and robust details with the agreement of the construction team
- Checking sub-contractors/design drawings for compliance and interface
- Manging design consultants and sub consultants along with design subcontractors to ensure correct and timely delivery of all design related information for the execution of the works on site
- Site visits and factory visits as required
- Reviewing design drawings by technical team
- Proactively coordinating with project managers, design disciplines, construction management team, contractors and Clients
- Relevant structural engineering experience in concrete and steel design – preferably Light Gauge Steel
- Experience of working with drafting and engineering design software tools. MasterSeries, TEDDS, and ROBOT Structural Analysis Professional
- Proven analytical skills and an in-depth understanding of the underlying principles of structural analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven report writing ability.
- Experience in design, ideally contractor design experience.
- Ability to make decisions and work on own as well as part of a team.
- Site experience would be an advantage.
- Positive attitude and proactive problem-solving approach.
- 5-7 years structural design experience.
For more information on this Structural Design Engineer role or other Design Engineer opportunities please contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 (0) 1 6877 188 / +44845 643 4964
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors