Technical Analyst | Mayo
Technical Analyst | Mayo
- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a Technical Analyst to join our clients in Mayo
to complete the establishment of a new suite of laboratories within strict timelines and to manage the laboratory once established
We are looking to recruit a Technical Analyst, who along with a Laboratory Supervisor and Senior analysts will be responsible for expanding the laboratory to GMP standards. The team will be responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day to day running of the laboratory. All new roles will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay, DNA staining, etc.
This role shall report to the Biosafety & Cell Based Assay Manager and the main duties & responsibilities shall be to assist the Department Manager and/or the Scientist in the following:
Core duties shall include:
- Maintenance and propagation of antibiotic free cell cultures.
- Microscopic evaluation of mammalian cells
- Carrying out virus and mycoplasma based test method procedures.
- Routine laboratory/equipment maintenance.
- Update current standard operating procedures.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Receipt and processing of test samples in LIMS.
- Assist Scientist and/or Department Manager in:
- Qualifying all cell banks/viral seeds including performance of viral titrations.
- Drawing up test method SOPs for AVA and Mycoplasma laboratories
- Qualification of AVA and Mycoplasma test methods in strict accordance with SOP(s) ensuring full GMP regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Responsible for reporting progress information to Management.
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Generate risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Technical Analyst position.
- B.Sc. and/or M.Sc. in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Cell Culture or Virology)
- With a B.Sc. a minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Scientific Research required.
- Experience in cell culture techniques essential (antibiotic free highly desirable).
- Experience in in-vitro bioassays highly desirable
For more information about this Analyst position or other opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.