Testing Manager | West Dublin
Testing Manager | West Dublin
- Top European Tier 1 M&E Contractors with significant annual turnover.
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
- Exposure to large, interesting and prestigious projects.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Testing Manager ideally with solid main contractor / specialist subcontractor experience to join one of Ireland’s leading Contractors based in West Dublin.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure assigned construction operations and contractors’ performance are following specifications and within schedules and budgets.
- Strong technical knowledge of pipe hydrotesting and pneumatic pipe testing processes and work steps, including disassembly and re-instatement of pipe systems.
- Be experienced with torque and tensioning methods of bolted flange connections. Excellent problem-solving ability along with experience of safety/quality protocols.
- Assists construction supervisors in planning and assembling of pipe test packages using the proper construction methods and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves engineering or construction problems with supervisors as required ensuring the work packages are clearly understandable.
- Establishes procedures on testing of piping systems.
- Responsible for the development of pneumatic and hydro-test packages and responsible for verifying and witnessing acceptance of tests.
- Performs inspections of all piping work in progress on a continuing basis, witnesses tests and completes final P&ID check prior to turnover.
- Develops punch lists and monitors completion of punch items.
- Assists in securing the necessary client acceptance documentation for record.
- Prepares and has full responsibility for managing piping QC records to ensure that they are fully completed and properly submitted in a timely manner to Document Control.
Testing Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for safety, accident and fire prevention on the project.
- Champion the cause of ZERO Accident Philosophy.
- Ensure that local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for supervising and directing testing supervision.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and optimization of craft labour and maintaining the four-week look ahead schedule for labour and equipment.
- Responsible for implementing corporate project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned piping operations.
- Coordinate with the General Foreman to hire piping craft labour to execute work.
- Coordinate established area operational plans.
- Lead the preparation of the four-week schedule and budget control with assistance from Project Controls.
- Provide input to quantity tracking application and report weekly installed quantities to Project Controls.
- Prepare material requisitions for tools and consumables and coordinate through Procurement to obtain these materials.
- Assist in performing construction testing of piping systems as required.
- Prepare reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecasts.
- Plan the manpower and equipment required to execute the job.
- Perform employee reviews and identify training and development opportunities for subordinate piping personnel.
- Excellent work and personal ethics that include trustworthiness, commitment, and empathy
- Confident, creative, and energetic approach to addressing all quality-related issues
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to produce quality written reports
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to produce high standard written (English) reports
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 10 years relevant experience in the absence of a degree.
- Experience in use of work packs and test packs
- Good knowledge of hands-on use ensuring Right first Time” approach
- Knowledge of construction technologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H).
- Extensive experience in piping construction on large projects.
For more information about Testing Manager role or other opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors